Many people have bought into the myth that now isn’t a good time to put your home on the market, but once you learn these 10 facts about this season’s homebuyers, you might consider opening your door to a different kind of holiday guest! Each market is different, and talking to our sales professionals will give you the most positive outcome.
Here are 11 advantages to selling around holidays:
- Buyers who are actively searching for properties during the holidays are serious. And they're very unlikely "just looking".
- There are fewer properties listed during the holidays. Which means less competition for your home.
- Usually, the inventory of homes for sale rises in January, putting more homes up against yours. Now is the time to act.
- Your home looks its most appealing decked with holiday lights and décor!
- Since the holidays are an emotional time, buyers are less likely to resist your price.
- Buyers looking for homes have more time to search over their holiday vacation than when they’re back at work.
- It is known that tax reasons pressure some buyers to close the deal before the end of the year.
- People start new jobs in January, so If they’re transferring here from another market, they can’t wait for Spring to buy.
- It is perfectly ok to put showings on hold during the holiday week while remaining on the market.
Before you make any final decisions, talk to our sales professionals who specialize in listing single family homes, condos, lofts and townhomes in Lake View and Lincoln Park neighborhoods of Chicago.