The sleek and sophisticated One Museum Park
The New York is a popular 49-story residential high-rise built in 1987. This huge building houses 594 units, most with balconies and floor-to-ceiling windows. The building has a roof-top deck, fitness center and deeded garage parking. Pets are welcome. This Chicago condo development offers 594 individual units with a number of layouts and assigned/deeded parking for residents' vehicles.
- The building's footprint zigzags to maximize both the variety of views and total window space. The common hallways also zigzag, with 4 turns on each floor.
- Third-tallest building in Chicago outside the downtown area.
- The structure's facade is made of brick, emulating the common construction style of residential highrises in New York City. It is the third-tallest masonry building in Chicago, and one of the tallest in the world.
- The building is a prominent feature of the view from Wrigley Field, one of Chicago's 2 main baseball stadiums.
- The lobby has a small waterfall leading into a curving channel which drops into a screen near the elevators.
- In 1988 this building won the Best Structure Award from the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.
- A twin tower was originally planned on the lot facing Lake Shore Drive, to the southeast.
Main Address - 3660 North Lake Shore Drive
Virtual addresses - 3661 North Pine Grove Ave, 675 West Waveland Ave
Neighborhood - Lake View
Height (tip) - 460.93 ft
Height (architectural) - 460.93 ft
Height (roof) - 460.93 ft
Floors (above ground) - 49
Construction end - 1986